iPhone 8 price and release date. Are you getting an iPhone 8?
Apple’s newest iPhone, iPhone 8, is set to be released this year, in the fall of 2017. There is a rumor of panic at Apple, as the phone may not be ready for release in time for September of 2017. The iPhone 8 is set to release on the 10th anniversary of the first apple release. Can you believe it’s been 10 years already? Where does the time go?
It is rumored the iPhone 8 will have a glass body with edge to edge OLED display. iPhone 8 will more than likely not have a home button, which will increase display size of the phone. It is said the phone will also have facial recognition. The phone will be a much thinner design and consume less power than ever before. Apple is also working on wireless charging.
What’s the cost? About $1100 for the base model.
HA HA HA HA HA
Wait a minute you say? Aren’t you a techy geek Steve? Why yes I am, big time. I still have an iPhone 6 and it works great! Look, I get that some people will always want the new and shiny item. It’s really easy to get pulled into that way of thinking but it’s $1100 and do you need it? I know many people will say yes.
I would much rather add $500 and get a sweet Macbook pro laptop. That phone is in the range of macbook pro land!
Here are the reasons I wait, even though I’m a huge tech geek:
- I don’t have $1100 and if I did I wouldn’t spend it on a phone
- New technology has issues. Let the hipsters test it so Apple knows what to fix.
- My phone works really great and isn’t dated in any way
- I have been thinking of cancelling phone service and using my phone as an iPad
- For phone use I can buy a Skype phone number for very cheap
- I’m always in wi-fi so my phone / small iPad would be fine
- only issue is if I was in the car and needed my phone
- There aren’t any features that I want or need in the new phone
- Wireless charging – for what?
- Bigger screen – I have the plus size iPhone 6 and love it
- mirrored back – Who cares, I use a case anyway
- No menu main button on the front – so what
- LED screen – I don’t care. My screen looks killer
- Facial recognition is cool – For what? Who cares.
I have my reasons, just as you do for waiting in line with these guys:
If you want a new phone I would suggest waiting for the bugs to get worked out. With Apple rushing to meet the deadline, there are sure to be some issues. Hopefully the issues can be fixed with a firmware update (software update.) If it’s a hardware issue (the actual phone) then you’ll have the trouble of getting a new phone (and waiting for one.) Wait and see what happens, and buy the most recent model (iPhone 7) when iPhone 8 comes out. This way, you’ll have a great phone at a lower price (prices do drop on older models when the new ones come out.)
As a side note, I’m not bashing Apple at all, just trying to save you money. I own everything Apple and will never own a windows machine again. I have worked on pc / windows issues for the last 25 years and continue to do so on a daily basis at a job I love. Apple works much better. I have all the proof I need to back this statement. Those into video production, rendering large HD files, know what I’m talking about. Apple cuts through like butter, while pc’s chug and lockup. I have built razor fast windows machines and slower Apple computers still win.
Thanks for reading. If you enjoyed this, subscribe to my blogs. I write about everything that’s on my mind including technology, my dogs, art, photography, and anything else I feel like.