The panasonic gx85 camera is the most impressive camera I have owned in the 25 years of working in photo and video. steverotter.com is where I discuss my passions and hobbies. The blog section wouldn’t be complete without a write up on my favorite camera, the panasonic gx85.I spent a lot of time researching youtube and reading reviews. I was nervous to move away from canon but I have to tell you, this camera is night and day awesome! See my youtube video of it here.
Here is a link to purchase this camera on Amazon. Read the reviews as well!
At the time of this writing, I have been into photography and video production for 25 years. I have used Canon DSLR bodies as well as many Canon and Sony 8mm, mini dv and solid state video cameras. I love my DSLR cameras, but getting into youtube, I needed something smaller, but also really great quality. I didn’t want to lug my camera gear and lenses around. A lot of people were going to the canon point and shoots. Although they’re good, the panasonic blows that and the sony away. I am still amazed at the photo and video quality this camera provides, even with the stock lens. I would choose this camera over my DSLR any day, and I LOVE my CANON DSLR 5D MKII. Check out the amazon link I provided to read more info and read the reviews on this gx85. I ordered mine from Amazon, which is where I get most of my stuff.
- New 5-axis in-body sensor stabilizer works with LUMIX 2-axis optically stabilized lenses in video and still capture modes using class-leading Dual Image Stabilization.
- Eliminates the need for low-pass sensor filters while boosting fine detail resolving power by nearly 10% over existing 16-Megapixel MFT sensors.
- Shoot lighter and faster with the modern hybrid photography performance of a Mirrorless camera and nearly half the bulk of most DSLRs.
- Thumbwheel controls, integrated viewfinder and touch control enabled tilting LCD maximize control of the photographic experience.
- Capture spontaneous moments with 4K imaging performance in both 4K video and exclusive 4K PHOTO and Post Focus.
For today’s interchangeable lens camera enthusiasts — or anyone looking for a lighter, newer more intelligent alternative to bulky DSLRs — Panasonic LUMIX Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds system cameras deliver impressive, no-compromise performance. Nearly half the size of most DSLRs, the DMC-GX85 delivers impressive large sensor performance in the most compact camera system ever designed by Panasonic LUMIX. Thanks to the elimination of the low pass filter, its fine detail resolving power is boosted nearly 10% over previous 16-Megapixel sensors. Image stabilization is top of its class with the complementary LUMIX 2-axis lens O.I.S. and a new 5-axis in-body I.S., available in either photo or video recording modes. Camera purists will enjoy the familiar quick-access thumbwheel controls and integrated 2764k-dot eye-level electronic viewfinder, plus a tilting LCD display for greater flexibility in difficult shooting angles. Modern enthusiasts will love the WiFi mobile control and next-generation flexibility that 4K Video, 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus modes bring to the creative experience.